Watch the World War II training film used to familiarize new pilots with the B-26 Martin Marauder Medium Bomber "live" over the Internet.
How to Fly the B-26 Airplane
(1943, Black & White 47:41)
"Smooth as a G.I. haircut!"
That's "Peter Gunn" (actor Craig Stevens) in the right seat, and that's Don Porter in the left seat who made over 75 appearances in films and TV shows. Although rookie pilots found her tricky to handle during take off and landing because of her abrupt stall, the B-26 was liked and respected by more experienced air crew. Appropriately called "the Marauder," the high speed, good bomb load, and durability of this bomber made it well suited for low & medium level raids over Europe and the Pacific. This film is one of Zeno's personal favorites.
Four great films in high quality, full screen digital home DVD video
* White Tailed MaraudersNew - Exclusive Production in color! See the men of the 323rd Bombardment Group and their B-26 Marauaders on a mission to Germany.
* How to Fly the B-26 Airplane
* The Rear Gunner Starring Lt. Ronald Reagan and Lt. Burgess Meredith, follows "PeeWee" Williams through gunnery school and into battle in this vintage WWII information film produced for the Army Air Corps. A seldom seen look inside an actual World War II bomber gunnery school featuring a wide variety of methods for increasing shooting accuracy and weapons proficiency.
* Building a Bomber: The B-26See production of a B-26 from metal casting through final assembly.
* A high resolution printable reproduction of a105 page Martin B-26 Marauder pilot's manual