Boeing B-17G "Sentimental Journey" is maintained and flown by the Arizona Wing of the Commemorative Air Force. She is seen here as she was configured when I photographed her a few years ago in Colorado. The natural polished finish on the exterior became common in later World War 2 American bombers, supplanting the olive drab seen earlier. From a "bling" standpoint, that polished aluminium look is outstanding! See more about Sentimental Journey here on the CAF website: http://bit.ly/2UZVjf8
The B-17 DVD: more than 2 1/2 hours of Boeing B-17 bliss...
* B-17 Flight Operations" (29:00) Everything you need to know about fllying the big Fort (Video shown above)
* B-17 Ground Operations (34:00) Arthur Kennedy and the rest of crew from "B-17 Flight Operations" walk you through a thorough external, internal & instrument preflight check.
* B-17 Emergency Operations (25:00) Listen in on a "hot stove" session where B-17 veteran pilots give hands on advice on how to overcome some of their most challenging emergency situations
* B-17 25 Hour Inspection of the B-17 F (Boeing Aircraft Film, 28:00)You'll literally get under the skin of the mighty Fortress as skilled mechanics perform comprehensive 25 hour maintenance & inspection.
* Managing the B-17 Turbo Supercharger Induction System (23:00) Learn all about the theory & practice of managing the B-17s complex and temperamental Turbo Supercharger system!
109 page B-17 pilot's manualwith detailed charts, diagrams, illustrations, performance charts and pilot instructions.