On October 2nd, 2019, the restored World War 2 bomber Boeing B-17G "Nine-O-Nine," maintained and flown by the Collings Foundation, crashed and burned while attempting an emergency landing shortly after takeoff at Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Thirteen people were on board. Seven died, including two crew members and five passengers. Six passengers survived.
The aircraft was destroyed in the fire. These photographs were taken at an airshow in Colorado in 2008.
The B-17 DVD: more than 2 1/2 hours of Boeing B-17 bliss...
* B-17 Flight Operations" (29:00) Everything you need to know about fllying the big Fort (Video shown above)
* B-17 Ground Operations (34:00) Arthur Kennedy and the rest of crew from "B-17 Flight Operations" walk you through a thorough external, internal & instrument preflight check.
* B-17 Emergency Operations (25:00) Listen in on a "hot stove" session where B-17 veteran pilots give hands on advice on how to overcome some of their most challenging emergency situations
* B-17 25 Hour Inspection of the B-17 F (Boeing Aircraft Film, 28:00)You'll literally get under the skin of the mighty Fortress as skilled mechanics perform comprehensive 25 hour maintenance & inspection.
* Managing the B-17 Turbo Supercharger Induction System (23:00) Learn all about the theory & practice of managing the B-17s complex and temperamental Turbo Supercharger system!
109 page B-17 pilot's manualwith detailed charts, diagrams, illustrations, performance charts and pilot instructions.