The Commemorative Air Force Boeing B-29 Superfortress "FIFI" is one of only two B-29s still flying. I shot these high rez photos at the 2013 Rocky Mountain Air Show. For best image quality, set the YouTube player video quality setting to "1080P."
SIX films featuring the fantastic Boeing B-29 Superfortress with complete pilot's manual-
Get B-29 Flight Procedures and Combat Crew Functioning in full screen home DVD video Plus
* The Last Bomb This rare late war color film documents a XXI Bomber Command long distance B-29 daylight strike at 12,000' (!) on Tokyo in 1945. Shows the huge bomber bases that were carved out on Guam, Tinian and Saipan. The raid is covered from initial planning by General Curtis Lemay and his staff through to final touch down. Also has exciting color gun camera footage taken by marauding Iwo Jima based P-51 Mustang escorts of dog fights and extended very low level ground strafing attacks against a variety of targets on the Japanese Home Islands.
* Saipan SuperfortsNew --Exclusive documentary from Military Arts Pictures. This recently discovered footage shows the 73rd Bomb Wing based on Saipan in the Marianas in 1945. You'll see B-29 pilots & crews at work and on R&R, along with their striking B-29 Superfortresses. (The ultimate fates of many of the aircraft shown are documented during the film.) The "maximum effort" take-off scene delivers an awe inspiring combination of 18 cylinder Wright R-3350-23 engine roar and a knock your socks off musical score that's guaranteed to give you goose bumps! As an a bonus, there's a gallery of memorable Saipan Superfort nose art -- all in living color.
* Air War Against Japan: XXI Bomber Command
his is a concise history of XXI Bomber Bomber Command's strategic campaign against the Japanese home islands. Along with documenting the changing strategy of the unfolding bomber offensive, you'll see both day and night B-29 actions, including rare footage of actual Japanese fighter attacks on the big Superforts.
* B-29s Over Dixie A fascinating look inside contractor Bell Aircraft's sprawling B-29 production facility, built from scratch in Marrietta Georgia. Includes detailed views of revolutionary new production techniques, assembly line work, and the hiring, training and care of thousands of new workers.
* Target Invisible Remarkable documentary on how air bourne radar was used for navigation and bombing on B-29 night strikes against Japan. Rare footage of radar in action on an actual Super Fortress mission. This story was so highly classified, it couldn't be told to the American people until after Japan surrendered..
*A 92 page Boeing B-29 Superfortress pilot's manual Contains very detailed photos, systems diagrams, charts, procedures & more